Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Things to be Thankful For

Since Christmas is only two weeks away I thought it fitting to post our photo from Thanksgiving.
We had a HUGE crowd at my Uncle Jed's house. It was fantastic. We missed those of you who couldn't be there.  This year brought back a lot of great memories of past Thanksgivings. We reminisced about some great memories in the "old" house. And we missed Aunt Brenda, a lot!

We made a few new memories too... It will be a long time (if ever) before anyone will forget the look of fruit salad, mashed potatoes and gravy sliding down the freshly painted walls and into the newly laid carpet of my Uncle's new stairs after I tripped and fell down them... and all the food went flying in different directions. Yep, you heard right. It was a sight never to be forgotten... and a story that will be retold for years to come. No one will ever walk down those stairs again without thinking of me. :)

I imagine it will smell like Thanksgiving for a long time, despite our best efforts to clean the mess off the walls, ledge and ceiling and scrub the mashed sweet potatoes out of the carpet. Oh yes... it was truly a memory never to be forgotten... unfortunately!

I did, however, make a perfectly beautiful, delicious apple pie.

3 comments:

AnJ. said...

I don't know if I should laugh or cry for you. But you are right. You just never know when you are making a memory right? ;)

Ummm...I think you and I need to have pie lessons because I want to learn how to make such a gorgeous pie.

Coneen said...

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving. I was glad I was there to witness it ALL! Very beautiful pie.

Scott said...

I know I should be laughing at you falling down the stairs but I can't stop thinking about that apple pie.