I love, love, love my new jewelry frame. I've been eyeing them online for ages and I finally got around to making one.
I found an old funky frame at the DI for about 2 bucks. It had an unatractive needlepoint inside and the color was horribley wrong for what I wanted. (I can't find my "before" photo...) I originally spray painted it brown but didn't like it so it sat on my shelf in the garage for awhile. A couple of weeks ago I picked up some green paint from the oops section of Home Depot. Now this, I love! I repainted the frame, lightly distressed it and wiped on some glaze. I spray painted my wire mesh with Heritage White and stapled it into the back. I love the finished product. It's like a little piece of homemade art.
My kids had fun helping me hang the earrings. Lizzy told me she can't wait for her turn to be a mom so she can sleep in my room and hang her earrings up in my frame. It was hilarious!
I asked Mike for new earrings for Valentines just so I could "fill it up". I'm in the process of working on a frame for my necklaces. I love the finished product so much I wish I could think of a way to display my post back earrings too.
3 comments:
I LOVE this! I've been wanting to make one forever!
So fun! You are so creative, Tammy! I have never even seen something like this!
I am totally doing this! I love it!
Post a Comment