Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lizzy and "the Prince"

A few weeks ago, Thomas was hero of the day in his Kindergarten class. It was so fun. We got to take a treat and read his favorite book to the class. The day before I was filling out the spotlight questionaire and asking him about all his favorite things. When he grows up he wants to be: "a scientist (like his dad)... or a transformer".

Well, you know Lizzy. What we do for Thomas we also do for her (and vice versa.) So I recorded her answers to the same questions. Thank goodness I was writing down her answers! My memory and "retelling" of this story could never live up to the conversation that actually took place:
ME: "Lizzy, what do you want to be when you grow up?"

Liz: "A dolphin. So I can jump out of the water like this (insert hand motions like jumping dolphins here)"

Thomas: "Liz you can't grow up to be a dolphin! You have to be a human!"

Me: "What human thing would you like to be when you grow up?"

Liz: "A princess! ... So I can be with the prince and kiss him! ... I will kiss the prince!... I'll kiss him lots and lots of times!"

Thomas "Lizzy! The prince will not like to marry you if you just keep kissing him all the time!"

Oh, how little Thomas understand about what "the prince" likes!

3 comments:

Coneen said...

Life is always fun with Lizzy. She is a princess. You will have to chase away many a prince.

Scott said...

Man, I haven't read your blog in a while. Lizzy is going to have one lucky human prince.

AnJ. said...

This is too funny!