Yesterday I did not win any mother of the year awards! I forgot to prepare the adorable (and specially purchased & decorated) easter eggs for Lizzy's Preschool class party. I went off to volunteer at the school with Marisa and Mike had to scramble (literally at the last second) to find beatup eggs from last year and leftover candy from the Easter hunt last Saturday, just so she wouldn't be the ONLY child who forgot their eggs, all while her "ride" waited in the driveway. Yeah - I'm a fantastic Mom!
I also forgot it was April Fools Day until I took Marisa to school. Then when I rememberd I still didn't have time to go to the store and purchase the fun ingredients to make a mixed up dinner... I've only been looking at recipes and thinking of ideas since LAST April 1st when I forgot to fix anything fun. Yeah - once again, I'm fantastic!
Not to be detered I scoured the internet 10 minutes before dinner and came up with an idea to make "eggs" for dessert. It was the only thing I had all the ingredients for already.
I thought they were "relatively" convincing. At least enough for Thomas to say "This does not look like an egg!" and Marisa to make a hilarious face as she tried to spoon into hers. Thomas kept saying "it tastes like marshmallows..." Lizzy just said, "I'm not eating that." Followed up with "what are we having for dessert?"
Thomas didn't realize I had actually made the eggs on purpose to be dessert. I guess he just thought they were really weird eggs... and he was right!
I really wanted to play a joke on Mike and pretend we were pregnant. That would scare him to death! But all I could think of was when Joy played that joke on Jeff... and found out a few days later it was no joke. I am NOT willing to tempt that fate!
Friday, April 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
awww c'mon-- chicken? It was a little bit of a sick joke to play on my husband with a 6 month old baby- so I guess karma had the last laugh! Now my April Fool's Day Surprise is 5 and I can't imagine my life without him!
You are so good to even do something small. Our April Fools joke consisted of me telling Mason Merry Christmas because of the snow outside. :)
Post a Comment