We "surprised" the kids by taking them to Disneyland. So many of us (myself included) had slipped up and told them so many times that they weren't really surprised. But it was still fun. The lines were "shorter" than the usual summer rides and the first day was a little chilly which was great! No one got sunburns or too tired standing in lines. The kids got special badges saying this was their first visit. They felt so special (1 out of every 5 people in the park had one on, but I didn't tell them that.) And they did get some special treatment when the ride operators noticed, it was really nice.
The kids loved the rocket ship ride. It was one of the few we could actually ride together, they let Caitlin sit on my lap, which kinda surprised me but it was fun. Caitlin loved every ride she was allowed on.
Her top 2 were the merry go round and Pirates of the Caribbean. In California Adventure they just let us stay on the merry go round as long as we wanted. I bet she rode it over 20 times that day (pictures later). This is the Merry go Round in Fantasy Land.
We had asked the kids what they wanted to do that day as we were driving to surprise them at the park. Lizzy kept insisting she wanted to ride on a fire truck. I don't know where she got that idea but when we told her we were going to Disneyland she said she would only go if they had a fire truck...
Look what we found that night as we were leaving. A Micky Mouse fire truck. Lizzy could not have been happier if we'd taken her to Disneyland... oh wait, we did.
Here they are in front of the castle. I only just found out you can actually go inside. I guess we'll do that next time.
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Marisa did not like it. Everyone else wanted to go again. I'm amazed at how many pictures I "didn't" take! I'll have to find some online. The kids had a blast. We were exhausted, but happy. I'm hoping it's something we can do annually. 3 days was not enough! Day 2 coming soon.



3 comments:
How fun for you guys! Wish I could go!
Such fun! I so want to go back! I'm loving the firetruck story. Dreams really do come true at Disneyland. :)
So fun, the kids look so happy! miss them so much!
Post a Comment