Did you ever see our "room of shame", as I affectionately called it? It was a room that all extra stuff was dumped in. It was also our "office". Well if you never got to see it, you never will, because I never took a picture. After a week of cleaning, and I mean serious cleaning! we moved Thomas' stuff in, he now has his very own room.
My super sweet friend (Maria) gave me an "old" dresser and I painted it blue and brown. I think it turned out great! Except the door fell off the hinges after one week and still needs to be fixed.
I painted this cute little table I found at the DI ($4). I used the same paint colors on this little milking stool and on the dresser. The table makes a great night stand to hold a light and a book.
Thomas didn't waste anytime in getting his "posters" hung up and filling up his shelf with favorite toys and webkinz. Notice the "bare" section? That's for his trophy's. Yes, he told me he needs more space because he's going to be getting a lot more trophy's than what will fit in that little section. I told him when that day came we would clear off some of the toys or build extra shelves. He agreed, so long as they are big enough and strong enough to hold the big heavy trophies.
I love his treasure chest. Another DI find. He wasn't to sure until I told him it looks like it came straight off a pirate ship and I wonder what kind of treasure it held... It now holds his batman, swat team and pirate paraphernalia.
I repainted this shelf to match the room and this little accordion thing to hold hats and stuff.
All in all, I love how it turned out. If I had my way we wouldn't have all the posters and toys on the walls and shelves, but it is "HIS" room, so Mike convinced me Thomas should get some say. And it's so filled up with all his toys and treasures the rest of my house feels considerably cleaner as well.
Now on to cutifying Marisa's room.



1 comment:
How fun! It all looks so together and yet is definitely Thomas' room. It's always fun to have your own space.
Post a Comment