I think it's about time I share some of our photos from our trip to California. Most fun ever! Which says a lot considering everyone was throwing up on the last day and we had to cut the Disneyland fun short.
We spent our first day and a half with Steve & Heather and their adorable family (and of course I took no pictures.)We always go away wishing we had more time together. We headed from their home to Aunt Carol's and hit the beach. It was cold and rainy. Which sounds like a bad thing, except it meant we could literally park on the side of the road along the beach and pay $2 for the meter instead of $15 for the parking lot. AND we walked right onto an almost empty beach with perfect sand, frothy waves and dolphins swimming right up to the shore.
The kids got more than a little cold and a whole lotta sand in their britches but no sunburns. Turns out I didn't get any actual photos of the dolphins but it was cool to see them up close and jumping, we think they were riding the waves. They would get so close to the shore.
When the kids got too cold we loaded our toys back in the van, and walked/drove to Ruby's. Cutest little 50's diner on the end of the pier with the yummiest milkshakes (thanks for the tip Carol.) We sat at a window and watched people catch fish off the pier and the dolphins swimming and jumping in the waves. Sooo fun!
It started raining while we were eating so we "raced" down the pier and back to the car. No big deal, we were still wet from the beach. It was so much fun. I can't wait to go back.



2 comments:
That's so nice that you guys got to get away on a little vacation! Sorry you all got sick. That's no fun! Hope you've all recovered! Miss you!
I can't wait to hear all about this trip! It sounds like you had a great time...minus the sickies.
Post a Comment