Sunday, May 3, 2009

Baptism Day

Marisa's baptism was yesterday and it was beautiful! It was a busy day full of erands, last minute detail and lots of rain, but most of all a beautiful spirit. Mike did a great job with both the baptism and confirmation. Marisa got a chance to bare her testimony. She is so sweet! Then we had a FUN (and crazy) family dinner (I just realized I have no pictures of that. What a bummer!) complete with chocolate fountain (thanks Joy!) Wish you all could have been there!
I have a picture from my baptism day just like this one. Only I'm standing with my dad and wearing a Strawberry Shortcake dress Mom made for me (I remember her telling me most girls wear white dresses to their baptisms. But she told me I could pick out the fabric and you don't get a new dress everday so I chose pink Strawberry Shorcake fabric instead.)
Look at the cute little ruffle collar she got to wear over her white "jumpsuit", it's so feminine.

Marisa and her Dad in front of the font.

Most of the men that stood in the circle for the confirmation. I didn't realize 3 of them were still in the chapel when I took this photo. (I could barely see through the tears :))

2 comments:

Biggs Family said...

I am so proud of her! I love this picture of her, she is so beautiful in white. I am so glad that it was a special day. I'm balling my eyes out! :) Love you guys.

Jen said...

Glad it all went well. Wish we could have been there! Congratulations, Marisa!