Thursday, May 21, 2009

Love to Bike

Because running 3.1 miles on Saturday wasn't enough for Marisa, she decided to come home and master riding her bike sans training wheels. We've been trying to convince her for 2 years she was ready to do this. I guess it's like potty training - you have to wait until they are ready and then they will do it on their own. Ironically potty training is like learning to ride a bike - once you do it you never forget how. I guess you can tell what we've been doing at our house lately. (with Lizzy, not Marisa - obviously)
On the road in front of our house.

She couldn't be more proud of herself here.
Now we're looking for a bigger bike. That one looks sooo tiny!

2 comments:

Maria Bradley said...

I think she's inspiring Abby... Now she says she's getting old enough, thank goodness for older kids in the neighborhood! Great Job!!

Jen said...

Taylor has that same bike! Only she's just wanting to learn to ride without the training wheels. Scott took her out yesterday and is making progress!