I wanted to make these burlap signs in the fall and never had time. (I loved yours Jen!) So I made some for March instead. I love it! And I had so much fun making the little burlap circle flower.
I like the scrabble tile signs that are around these days. So while I had my burlap out I made this one with all those left over scrabble tiles from the necklaces. I found this adorable burlap flower tutorial, which I thought was the perfect finishing touch.
A couple weeks ago I took a punch needle class from Pine Needles (because I needed a new craft/hobby) and made this adorable shamrock. I put it on a great green fabric that I bought to make pillows out of and hung it in a square brass frame that I found at the DI (of course) and spraypainted brown. I scuffed up the edges a little to help the detail show through.
My ideas for a new wreath/door hanger never came to pass. Maybe next year. If I hurry I can get something made for Easter... this yearThis one wasn't for St. Patrick's day but it's still green so I thought I'd share it.
I've seen these quite a bit recently and love them. I was lucky enough to find one at the DI for a buck. It was a horrible color of glossy orange so I spray painted it green and used a glaze to antique it. Now I just need the perfect spot to display it, preferably in the kitchen.
And speaking of kitchen, I recovered my kitchen bar stools that my super DUPER nice SIL Emily gave me. I wanted to cover the seats with plastic so they would be easier to clean. (Thanks for that great idea TK!) And I figured as long as I was going to put plastic over them I would change the color. Green, of course. So I got some great fabric in a perfect green color at a great green price!
I used my new staple gun and stapled the green fabric right over the top of the brown and then stapled a layer of plastic over the top of the green. I LOVE them!
And my kids love them! And I love how easy they clean up now! And since I stapled everything over the top of the brown so when I'm ready I can take off the plastic and green fabric and have the nice microsuede brown back.
I'm in the process of doing some other fun things for my house. I'm so glad the weather is warm enough to paint outside again!



1 comment:
Love love love all of it Tammy. My fav is the LUCKY sign. I wanted to make one,but never got around to it! I love those burlap flowers, too! I'm going to have to make some!
Post a Comment