We're looking for a larger home for Hopper. He seems happy, doesn't try & escape and while he hasn't doubled in size he's definitely growing. Who knew a grasshopper could be such a perfect pet for a little boy.
Thursday, September 9, 2010
"Hopper" - A Perfect Pet?
Thomas has had a pet grasshopper for about 4 weeks now. He lives in a mason jar. Thomas picks fresh leaves for him every day. "Hopper" munches them down as fast as possible. Grasshoppers have HUGE mouths and they eat a lot. (Not a surprise to anyone with leaves in their yard.) But what really surprises me is it's poop. I had NO idea how much grasshoppers pooped! I had no idea they pooped period, I mean of course they do because everybody poops. But grasshoppers poop their body weight, on a daily basis, at least. Thomas cleans that every day too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
That is my kind of pet! If Hopper needs some buddies, come on over we have all kinds to choose from. Did I mention they are free? ;)
I love the pet! He's such a responsible kid - I'm impressed.
My son will never be allowed such a pet. Thomas is lucky he has you for a mom. :)
Post a Comment