I thought I'd post a few things I've done so far. I don't have before pictures. I was too excited to start the "remakes".
(I found a "before" pic off my phone. Such a difference!)

This chair was my first project. I bought it at the DI to go with Marisa's "new" antique vanity/desk (thank you Doug and Susan!) It was brown, worn out and needed some love. I love the white. Since it was my first, I learned a lot about what I will and won't do next time. Now I'm looking for the perfect pillow/fabric for a seat cushion.
I bought an entire gallon of the chef white Valspar paint. I'm going to paint her craig's list dresser and a garage sale hutch/bookshelf to match. (I better get busy before the snow comes and I can't paint outside)
I had spray painted this shelf a year ago and never done anything with it. So I distressed it, stained the exposed wood and rubbed on some glaze. I love it. I'm going to hang it up in my room now instead of Marisa's.


I adore this stool. A steal at $4 from the DI. I took it apart, sanded it down (it was a worn out brown) and painted it my favorite color blue (Olympia Blue Willow). Mom suggested the chocolate brown "seat" (behr chocolate brown) which I love! My kids use it to stand and sit on. I haven't put a sealer on it yet because I can't decide if I should put a monogram or some scrapbook paper on the "seat". Any ideas?
(I found a before pic off my phone. Lizzy is sitting on it, wishing I would buy something else instead.) All the craftiness is rubbing off on Thomas. He helped me put together an adorable table display for fall with some little birds. I'm not loving my pumpkins yet so I'll post a picture after I've "fixed" them. I'm also working on some bar stools that I love. We'll have more places to sit in this house than in a furniture store by the time I'm done.




2 comments:
Ahhhh! I love it! I, too, love reading DIY and frugal design / makeover blogs. One of my fav's is Thrifty Decor Chick at www.thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com. I check her stuff out all the time and then click on her links to other blogs. I'm going to check out your blog now! So wish I was there to "play" with you guys!
Okay! I just saw your DIY blog list and she's on there. I have a lot of those bookmarked on my computer! So funny!
Post a Comment