Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School! First Day of School!!


Sweet Pea has been quoting that line from Nemo. She was so excited for her first day of school! Second grade seems like such a big change from first. Why is that? And don't say because I'm getting older! She is so independent! I wanted to walk her into her class. We were on the steps on the outside of the school and she says to me, "Mom, I uh... don't want you to walk me in." So we compromised and I would only go in the hallway far enough to take her picture at the door but not walk into her actual classroom.
She is very lucky to be in the classroom right next door to where Grandma is teaching. She loves to see her Grandma in the hallway and give her hugs. She will miss her as a substitute! Sweet Pea was excited to wear her new clothes and especially her new "Hannah Montana" shoes. Which they aren't really. They are sparkly and have a star on them so we dubbed them with an important name. She hates to wear shoes so I figure whatever it takes to get her to wear them is fine by me. (She still said they hurt her toes... we bought them 5 days ago.) Shoes are just a necessary evil to my children.

For some totally bizarre reason this photo will ONLY upload sideways.

4 comments:

Scott said...

I TOTALLY remember those orange bricks at WB elementary! Talk about nostalgia, it doesn't seem that long ago that we were there, weird.

She looks excited.

Jen said...

I think of Nemo, too, when the first day of school comes around. So cute, Marisa!

Joyous said...

she looks so cute! I love her rock star shoes.

Heather D said...

Marisa looks so beautiful...and even wise. She is growing up so quickly.