Thursday, August 21, 2008

Terrifically Two

So yesterday Loobers through a tantrum. It was a doozy! I used her crib as a time-out (holding pen) until she calmed down. Before you see the photos and wonder how I could possibly stand and snap shot after shot of her in such a heightened state of distress, allow me to explain.

Time-out came after she opened a brand new gallon of milk and poured it all over the floor trying to help herself get a drink (I should have taken a picture). While I mopped up she dumped out all the crayons and markers (3 pencil boxes full) and colored on the wall, floor, her arms, legs and toes. (No, I didn't get a photo of this either.) As Melonee once told me, she is going to be an artist someday and life is just a blank canvas waiting for her too color. Especially a piece of "life" that is white and sparkling clean. The cleaner this "life", the more inviting to her artistic sense.
While I was "magically" erasing her masterpiece (bless you Mr. Clean) she went into my room and found a "tub" of lotion to slather herself, bed, carpet, wall... anything within arms reach. Her artistic style is obviously attracted to a variety of mediums. (once again, no picture)

I finally got smart, kind of. I cleaned her off, sort of. And put her in her "holding pen". Now THIS I got picture of! I'm saving them for her wedding video. I'll let you have a sneak peak.
She was yelling at me, "I tyell my Mommy! I tyell my Mommy!" This is what she yells at the Chief and Sweet Pea when she wants them to get into trouble. I thought to myself, "Go ahead honey, go tell your Mommy!"
Have you ever seen such complete mournful devestation?
I have to admit, these really do break my heart! ("you bwoke my hwart" as Loobers would say)
Here she is trying to "hide" from the pictures. If you want to see an angy child get more upset, take their picture during a trantrum. She was mad!

This is either when she realized I would get her out after she calmed down or she's pausing for a breath! I didn't post any of the pictures where she is throwing anything within arms reach. Her crib is basically empty now.

5 comments:

Biggs Family said...

This is priceless! Those are the most funniest pictures ever. You can't help but laugh, but at the same time it is so sad. The two's are a great stage. :)

Melonee said...

I am still laughing at this, totally picturing her going off to find her next adventure and you helplessly folllowing behind trying to undo her creativity. oh my I was reading it outloud to Glenn and I was crying and laughing soooo hard good times tam, good times. hehehehe

Joyous said...

ok... she is still so pretty even while she is screaming. I laughed my butt off reading this mostly because I have SO been there.

Jen said...

Wow! I think that's all I can say. Wow! I would have been livid! You have more patience than I do!

Maria Bradley said...

You just made my day with this post. It feels good to know I'm not alone in parenting children who can really test patience and make sure those cleaning supplies never go to waste :) I hope you got a nap that day!!