Today Thomas and I went to Kindergarten Roundup. It included a short presentation by the kindergarten teachers and then a lot of paperwork to get your child admitted into school. The teachers made a really cute slide presentation using photos from this years classes. I started crying as soon as a song came on about learning your abc's. Then I sat all teary eyed while the teachers talked about all the fun things you'll learn to do in class. Things like, reading, math, making friends, storytime, circletime... you know all the regular stuff. I just can't believe that my only boy is old enough to start going to school. And he's actually a year older than most since his birthday is so late. I just feel like once they start school you kind of loose them. You're no longer their greatest influence.
Thomas is SO excited! One of the room was decorated up with pirate stuff. He is of course hoping to get that teacher! I'm going to try really hard to enjoy these few months before he's off learning things that make him smarter than me. (I know - I'm sick. I'm already thinking about school starting next year and it hasn't even ended this year.)
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Wow, your getting really old...
Hey I'm already thinking about next year - the kids get to go to new schools and wear what ever they want. I've been hitting the sales racks.
I bet he's so excited!!!
That was me btw!
Thomas will have such a blast! He is so hard to let go though, I totally know how you feel. They grow up way too fast!
Post a Comment