My poor sweet pea has been blind for ages. Last SEP conference her teacher mentioned to us she complained about not being able to see the board when she sat in the back of the room. We figured it wasn't too big of a deal since she's never mentioned anything to us about not being able to see... poor thing just didn't know what she was missing.
We finally took her in to get her eyesight checked and apparently her prescription is pretty strong. She couldn't even see the biggest letters - at all. I felt so bad! When we picked up her cute little purple glasses and she put them on for the first time it was like a whole new world. We were walking through the grocery store and she stopped every third step to point out something she had never seen before. I wanted to cry.
She really noticed the difference on our recent drive to California when she pointed out the flowers on the side of the road... she had never noticed that flowers grow on the side of the road before. That was when I did cry. Now when we see her with her nose in a book, literally, we know it's because she's just really involved in the story and not because she can't see the words.



5 comments:
That's the way it was with Ethan. He had complained a couple times about not seeing something. I just figured it was no big deal till the nurse from school called me to tell me he failed his eye exam! I felt so horrible!
She looks so cute!
She looks so sophisticated in glasses, it makes her look all grown up! I remember when I first got glasses, and I could finally see the 'individual leaves' on trees! I was so excited!!
I love kids in glasses, it is so cute. Kaelei had a pair for 2 months then they were lost. Record time. Why did you go to Cali?
She looks so cute in glasses. I am sure it is a whole new world now. So cute, she look so grown up. :)
She looks so cute. I love the purple glasses. I remember when I found out Jonathan couldn't hear and I felt like the worse mother in the world. Just help her enjoy life now with all the new things she is discovering. You are a fabulous mom.
Post a Comment