Sunday, January 16, 2011

January Dinner Club - Week 2

As long as I'm on a "roll" I figured I'd post my week 2 menu.

January 16th - 22nd

Sunday - 4 Packet Roast, carrots & mashed potatos
Monday - Mango Chicken & Coconut Rice (Crockpot)
Tuesday - Porky's Soup & Cornbread muffins (Mel's recipe)
Wednesday - Blueberry Sour Cream Pancakes
Thursday - Meat & Bean Taco's
Friday - Book Club (Mike's in Charge)
Saturday - Leftovers (sometimes known as "fend for yourself" night)

Most of my recipe's this week come from The Sister's Cafe. My new favorite "go to" recipe blog. If you haven't tried it yet, you should. I want to try every recipe they have!

For the Meat & Bean Taco's I brown 1 lb. of hamburger (or ground turkey) and add 1-2 cups of "leftover" beans from last week. Sprinkle on some taco seasoning (I use less than the normal recipe since we don't like our meat "spicy". Add a little water and boil down to whatever taco meat consistency you like. Yummy. (I usually take out half the meat mixture and freeze for a future meal.) I like to "fry" my own taco shells - just like Mom, but if I'm in a hurry I use the preshaped ones from the store. Serve with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, all the usual fixings. My kids LOVE these. The beans add a nice filler and help you "stretch" your meat. I actually like tacos with beans better than hamburger only.

1 comment:

Biggs Family said...

Yummy! can't wait to try some of your recipes!