There was a lot of talent at the Festival tonight. A mix of thirty seven 3rd through 6th grade children who entertained us with amazing stories and even more adorable personalities. I am impressed with the amount of talent that poured out of those little bodies, each unique and enjoyable.
Now, because I am her Mom and completely biased I can say Marisa was truly amazing! She shone up on that podium, right alongside the rest of the star students, infront of two audiences of about 50 people each. She was animated and humorous and she totally "wow'd" me! But you don't have to take my word for it, I recorded both her performances so you can see for yourself. They are less than 3 min. each and totally worth watching.
And since she's my daughter and I just can't get enough of her, here's the 2nd take:
Her Art/Drama teacher was one of the judges in the 3rd room (we didn't get to see her, as the teachers were not allowed to judge their own students, for obvious reasons.) She called me after the judging had been collected, and while she didn't know the outcome of the scoring she did have some great feedback. Two "official storytellers" that came just to "enjoy" the festival but were not part of the judging ranked Marisa among the top most enjoyable storytellers of the evening. I would say those are pretty good (and unbiased) opinions.
While I am looking forward to receiving her letter from the District and finding out if she gets to attend the State Festival. I really don't care if she is chosen or not. I could not be more proud of her than I am tonight. She is lovely!
P.S. Her Dad likes her too... just a little. :)



4 comments:
I couldn't play the videos, the internet is just too slow here, but I'm sure it was awesome. What a fun thing.
I loved the video, Marisa is wonderful!!! She's a winner to me!
very cute! I can see why you are so proud of her. She does a great job!
Go Marisa! She did an awesome job and now I've seen her so tell her she's off the hook to come to my house. ;)
Post a Comment