Sunday, January 23, 2011

January Dinner Club - Week 3

This week the Youth in our Ward are involved in a "Missionary Week" activity. We have classes and meetings every morning and every night - Sunday to Sunday. Consequently, all my dinners need to be VERY easy and super fast. We will be eating early and I won't have much "prep" time.

Sunday - Turkey or Cheese Sandwiches & Chocolate Mouse
Monday - French Dip Sandwiches (leftover frozen Roast from last Sunday)
Tuesday - Egg on Toast, Turkey Bacon & Fruit
Wednesday - Spaghetti, Salad & Garlic Toast
Thursday - Banana Pancakes
Friday - $5 LC Pizza
Saturday - Gourmet Cereal Bar

I love "Gourmet Cereal Bar" nights. It sounds so fancy. We get out some different cereals and put out bowls of nuts, bananas, blueberries, craisins, cherries, apples (whatever we have), cinnamon & sugar/Splenda. I even make oatmeal if requested, the kids love to add different toppings and spices to their hot cereal (we bought a bunch from Pampered Chef and they are YUMMY!) The kids love making their own cereal creations, everybody gets to eat something they like and it empties out the "almost finished" boxes of cereal that start to accumulate in the pantry. Plus it takes 30 minutes from start to finish and we can move on to something more fun than washing dishes on a Saturday night.

And because every post is better with a picture
Caitlin has become our official dinner bell. She sees me in the kitchen working on dinner or setting the table and decides it must be time to eat.  She stands in the kitchen doorway, leans forward, bends one leg and yells "eeeeaaatttt" in this tiny voice that no one can hear anyway. It is adorable! She does this without being asked. At least we always know when she's hungry.

1 comment:

Marie said...

I need to learn from your example and actually plan a menu. I think I would have a much more enjoyable week that way.

A cereal bar sounds delicious! That's an excellent idea. We'll have to try that...

I absolutely love Caitlin! She is such a doll. :)